Preventive Family Care in Elmira, NY is currently accepting patients for opioid dependence treatment as well as state of the art treatment for refractory major depressive disorder. Our office is in a control entry building located in downtown Elmira. Our goal is to understand the specific issues and concerns faced by you. We value a comprehensive and personalized care plan to meet your specific needs. Our provider services are ever-evolving to better care for our patients.
- Opioid Dependence
- Discrete & Professional
- Discrete & Professional
SPECIALIZED PHYSICAL EXAMS
TREATMENT FOR DEPRESSION
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS)
- TMS is an advanced, innovative, FDA-cleared therapy that can help people who struggle with Major Depressive Disorder even after taking antidepressant medication. It helps activate the natural function of the brain’s neurotransmitters using a non-invasive magnetic field, and is not ECT (electroconvulsive therapy).
Preventive Family Care/Neurosciences Group Affiliated Services
PAIN MANAGEMENT – PAIN MEDICINE
- Back pain
- Neck pain (non-radiating)
- Myofascial pain
- Pain in large joints (hip, knee, shoulder or elbow)
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Post-laminectomy syndrome
- Muscle spasms
- Coughs and colds
- Cuts that may need stitches
- Ear pain
- Eye infections
- Asthma attack
- Minor injuries
- Sprained muscles or joints
- Urinary infections
- Lumbar or caudal epidural steroid injections
- Transforaminal epidural steroid injections (lumbar only)
- Occipital nerve block
- Sacroiliac (SI) joint injections
- Therapeutic lumbar facet joint injections
- Joint injections of knees, hips, shoulders or elbows
- Radiofrequency ablation of neck, thoracic, lumbar regions and knee. This procedure requires diagnostic nerve blocks before the ablation can be performed.
- TMS Therapy for Depression
- Spinal cord stimulator trials (lumbar only, with referral to a neurosurgeon for permanent implant if successful) Learn more.
- Trigger point injections
- Osteopathic manipulation therapy
- Non-opioid medication management
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Referral for land or pool based physical therapy
Treatment for Depression at Elmira, NY
Your Local Health Care, Taking The Specialists To The Patients 🩺
Providers at Elmira, NY
Michael C. Susco, M.D.
General Psychiatry, Geriatric Psychiatry
Feedback from our patients
RECOMMEND TO ANYONE IN NEED OF CARE."Dr. Carstens was and his staff was very quick. called on a Tuesday was in Wednesday nerve block few days later very professional would recommend to anyone in need of care"
I'VE BEEN SEEING DR. CARSTENS FOR THE LAST 15 YEARS."I've been seeing Dr. Carstens for the last 15 years. I was facing a second back surgery and still today no second surgery. He has kept me working and doing the things I love to do. Him along with the staff are always friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend seeing him."